Thursday, March 23, 2006

Lotuses for W.


When my oldest friend asked me if I could find something like the beaded leaf I threw in with last year’s Christmas present, I knew I was sunk. It was a pretty piece, but one of those third-world produced novelty items that never repeats. So I started hunting for a suitable design for an ornament to sit on her glass top coffee table and found this copyright – free Art Nouveau design for stained glass in an old book published by Dover. I liked the idea of the flowers breaking the edge of the circle and the space between one stem and the center. This is done in size 10 & 11 beads, outlined in matte black size 15s and backed on Lacy’s Stiff Stuff, lined with Ultrasuede light. From my very own third-world sweatshop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home