Monday, May 08, 2006

Klimt Cuff

This is very recent addition. The juicy purple/blue crystals are 3mm from newish stock at BeadFX. The rest of the piece is done in Czech size 11s. Unfortunately, a scan can't quite capture the graduation of color - which was a major focus in this piece. Size 3" x 7" - working time: you don't want to know.

This is my favorite cuff. The last thing I made is always my favorite.

Next project will be a framed piece. I'm going to drag myself away from the imperative to create only functional art.

Cheers


3 Comments:

Blogger Lucas said...

lj--you are amazing. Your writing--your artwork (I downloaded a picture from one of your old posts at Life, etc., and now have it on my PC desktop)--and now yet another creative vein is revealed. You are bursting with life! I may have to get my thesaurus off the shelf to find the right word for you.

Beautiful, beautiful work here.

11/15/2005 06:19:00 PM  
Blogger LJ said...

Geez, Lucas. I didn't expect to see you here! I think of these blogs as so apart. Thanks so much. I'm glad you like the work.
Which picture did you download? You gotta tell me which picture!
And where you been hiding, anyway!

LJ

11/18/2005 07:58:00 AM  
Blogger Lucas said...

The picture is "an old drawing" of yours which you used to create a digital painting--posted September 10th.

Yeah, I've been pretty busy. Barely time to get a word in edgewise at JH, or post anything anywhere else. I always stop by to read my regular bloggers, however. I followed one of your comments at JH over to this site.

I'm hoping to get a post in today at JH, if I can get a few things cleared out of the way in time.

Have a great weekend.

11/19/2005 09:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home