Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Spiral R&R

This was my R&R in the middle of working on "Sleepscape."(Click to enlarge.) The core beads are Czech 11s and the spiral is composed of 10, 11 & 6 Czech beads. The larger beads and catch are copper. The two bead wide loops around the jump rings are inspired by Bobbi. See Beading at the Beach.

This is also one of my first pictures with a new digital camera - taken on a cloudy day, in natural light. Straight point & shoot.

I've been battling the camera for hours. Which menu do I use? WHERE is the menu? What the heck is that icon supposed to mean? And finally, the ultimate in intelligent questions: "Huh?"

To be fair (to me) - the stupid thing did tell me the batteries were dead. I ran to the store, replaced them. And it flashed, "replace batteries." In desperation, I finally put the old batteries in and Voila! No problem. Tell me what technical wizard came up with that one, please?
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger beadbabe49 said...

Lovely necklace! and you took a great pic of it! (yeah, I will admit most manuals have to have been written by sadists and the cameras were designed by engineers (and we all know what "that" means...) BUT you did it anyway!)

4/29/2006 07:52:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Ooh this is beautiful, LJ. And, yes, a great pic. If you're taking pictures of this quality you must be doing something right IMO.

4/30/2006 11:46:00 AM  
Blogger LJ said...

Thanks Bbabe & Mary. But what I WANT to do is learn how they get the fabulous shots in books on beading (Lark Books etc.). I think I need to make a shadow box so light source is very uniform. Still, it is nice and clear, isn't it? I adore spiral stitch. It's fast (well, fast is relative when you talk about beadwork)and so dramatic!
I've been wearing it everywhere. Next, I want to do some kits as beginners projects using something like this.
Wish me luck!

4/30/2006 02:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home