Saturday, June 03, 2006

Drooling on jewels. Ahem. I mean, work in progress.




Blue chalcedony with fabulous inclusions…iron and some green & yellow unknowns, Honey Calcite, Yellow Jade, a little glass and some crystals, a consider-this spread of beads…and I’m waiting for BeadFX to send me grey opal and deep purple crystals. Click to enlarge!

Now. If I can just perfect the pattern, we’re all set!

And by the way folks. Anyone out there know about lapidary? I have a great source for tumbled stones, really gorgeous big chunky ones, all kinds of exotic stone – and I keep thinking that if they only had holes drilled through them, they’d be fantastic focal beads.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jewels said...

Oh, oh, oh, the chalcedony is so YUMMY looking, and the yellow jade and honey calcite really bring out the inclusions in the chalcedony. Okay, fess up: What are you going to make with this stash, it's absolutely delish!

6/09/2006 11:17:00 AM  
Blogger LJ said...

These, I believe, will be a gauntlet - weighing 20 lbs.
Today I bought a girdle. No. Not for ME, god knows, but because it will be PERFECT material for the underside of the glove part! And I hope to have the pattern refined, cut and ready to go by Sunday night. THEN, let the beading begin!!!
I am SO in love with those stones and colors and I am beginning to form a picture of how it will look...enough to feel cheered that I'm close to a design. Bless the lovely wiccan ladies who run Little Mysteries here - who always have beautiful stones in the store.

6/09/2006 11:38:00 AM  
Blogger The Lone Beader said...

Those are pretty! I'm so jealous! I haven't bought any beads all year...(if you can believe that)...I'm due to put in a large order with Fire Mountain Gems soon....Anyways, I can't wait to see what you make with these...

6/09/2006 12:20:00 PM  
Blogger LJ said...

It's disgusting how happy I get with a new haul. Like King Midas with his gold. Like Golem with his Precious.
And oh...stones and crystals just kill me. I'm SUCH a junkie!

6/09/2006 03:04:00 PM  
Blogger beadbabe49 said...

lj...consider wirewrapping for the stones you have a good source for....or, if they can flatten one side, cabachons....holes are very nice, but not absolutely necessary!
(lovely haul, by the way!)

6/09/2006 07:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home